The Credit Ombud (situated in Randburg, Gauteng) is a non-statutory ombud scheme, which resolves disputes between the credit industry and consumers relating to credit information and non-bank credit agreements. The office also educates the public in matters pertaining to credit and the credit information industry.
To discharge its mandate, the Credit Ombud requires the services of a Legal Advisor to join the dispute resolution team that will be responsible inter alia, to:
- Promote effective and consistent management of cases.
- Development, implement and maintain standard operation procedures, policies relating to case management and dispute resolution.
- Ensure adherence to the Credit Ombud’s ethos.
- Conduct research and training when called upon to do so in various aspects of the law relating to credit and the financial industry in general.
This position requires a professional with the following attributes:
1. Academic Background
- LLB degree.
- Knowledge of the NCA, its regulations, the FSOS, POPIA and FSRA Acts.
- Admitted attorney/advocate with 2 or more years related experience (post articles) will be an advantage.
2. Knowledge/Experience Required
- Good knowledge of the National Credit Act; Magistrates Court Act, debt collection, the credit industry; legal processes; credit agreements and consumer rights.
- Team player.
- Sound computer literacy.
- Good organisational and interpersonal abilities.
- Analytical thinker.
- Problem solving skills.
- Management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Fluency of African language/s will be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Credit Ombud is committed to furthering employment equity in its appointment practices. Interested candidates may forward CV’s to Avitha Nofal firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 June 2021. Applicants who have not heard from us by 30 June 2021 should consider their applications unsuccessful. The remuneration package is negotiable; however, candidates must indicate their expected remuneration (cost to company) on their CV’s.